Friday, April 22, 2011

Wherein this Author Gets a Grip...

"Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous,
but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable
fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."

Hebrews 12:12.

Well, that about sums it up.

Am I the only one who had a Quiet Time where God practically spoke audibly about an area of weakness, and the only one who wrote down the near-audible conversation between her and the Lord, and made a commitment to put into practice the very thing brought into the light. And then within a few short hours of said Quiet Time, the opportunity arose to challenge that commitment, and she refused to do the thing?

It seems that everywhere I turned God has been reminding me about that Quiet Time where I committed to serving others without expectation of thanks, loving the unloveable and being generally selfless. I have an index thing on my desk with my memory verses on it, and the verse I'm supposed to review today begins "And let us not be weary in well-doing..." Gal 6:9. While folding clothes yesterday I was listening to a recording of a missionary who repeated the theme (to the point of mantra) of giving all possessions over to God. Then this morning, in my Andrew Murray devotional I read in 3 chapters in a row (I kept on reading the next devotion hoping to get to a new subject...) on being a doer of the Word and not a hearer only.

OK, Lord. I'll give it a go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment